Jesse Visser Designprojects, established in 2000, is a design studio in Amsterdam, run by Jesse Visser. Although he is an independent designer, his designs are always the result of many collaborations. With labels, craftsmen, product-developers, industry- and other creative thinkers.
He works for labels which are mainly operating in the lighting or furniture industry.
Most designs are used in the contract-market, often prescribed by architects.
Some products are designed as limited editions or small series by in-house production.
Often conceptual, but always functional.
He is strongly involved by the process of product-development. Searching for new production techniques, finding the best solution that will bring the product to a higher level. The challenge is to break down a product to its essence and then build it up with as few resources as possible.
His creative research of construction, techniques and the use of innovative materials result in high end, functional and above minimal designs.
Always clear and clever detailed.
Besides designer, he is art director of ‘Brothers and Sons’ and works as a teacher at
‘Utrecht School of the Arts’ in The Netherlands.
He also works on a variety of projects, such as furniture, lighting and product-design as well as interior design. He produces both, independent work presented in galleries and commissioned work.
Jesse Visser has been rewarded with several international prices including ‘best product’ for the ‘Alumni’ chair during Design District 2015, the Third price Auroralia 2010 with ‘Cercle’ for outdoor lighting Tilburg, the Designboom Competition (honourable mention 2005) with the project ‘doors’ and the 100% Rubber Design Award 2002 with the ‘Bunker table’.
Jesse Visser’s work has been exhibited in, among others; Milan, New York, Cologne, London, Frankfurt, Tallin, and in the Netherlands.
- Winner 'best product' during Design District for the Alumni chair designed with Geke Lensink for eQ+, 2015
- Wildcard Design District for the Giraffe table designed with Geke Lensink for eQ+, 2014
- Third prize Auroralia 2010, Cercle for light-design cityring Tilburg, 2011
- Nominated for the Mart Stam prijs, 2007
- Awarded by Designboom ‘a door to paradise’, Milan, 2005
- First prize 100% Rubber 2002, Dalsouple, Londen 2002
- Finalist European Design Competition ‘Lights of the Future’, Jan. 2002
- Droog Design collection, from December 1999 til June 2000
- First prize Piet Bakkerprijs, 1999
- Nominated for the Prins Bernhard Fonds, 1999
- Nominated for the Design Preis Schweiz, 1999
- art-director and designer for Brothers and Sons.
- teacher master interior architecture ‘Towards Spatial Identity’ HKU
- teacher at Utrecht School of Product Design
- external examinator American Intercontinetal University, London
- Initiator JONGENSVANHETDOK