From his Amsterdam based studio, established in 2000, Jesse Visser works on a variety of projects, such as furniture, lighting and product-design as well as interior design. He produces both, independent work presented in galleries, and commissioned work for the commercial market. His design vision focuses on creative research of production techniques and care for details. He often collaborates with companies and manufacturers in order to create new textures and materials, encouraging the use of the senses to appreciate his designs.
Jesse Visser has been awarded with several international prizes including the Third prize Auroralia 2010 with ‘Cercle’ for outdoor lighting Tilburg, the Designboom Competition (honourable mention 2005) with the project ‘doors’ and the 100% Rubber Design Award 2002 with the ‘Bunker table’.Jesse Visser’s work has been exhibited in Milan, Cologne, London, Frankfurt, Tallin, and in the Netherlands. His work has been published in different leading magazines such as Frame, Wallpaper, L’Officiel, De Architect, Items, Designcatalog, Project+Interieur.
- Winner 'best product' during Design District for the Alumni chair designed with Geke Lensink for eQ+, 2015
- Wildcard Design District for the Giraffe table designed with Geke Lensink for eQ+, 2014
- Third prize Auroralia 2010, Cercle for light-design cityring Tilburg, 2011
- Nominated for the Mart Stam prijs, 2007
- Awarded by Designboom ‘a door to paradise’, Milan, 2005
- First prize 100% Rubber 2002, Dalsouple, Londen 2002
- Finalist European Design Competition ‘Lights of the Future’, Jan. 2002
- Droog Design collection, from December 1999 til June 2000
- First prize Piet Bakkerprijs, 1999
- Nominated for the Prins Bernhard Fonds, 1999
- Nominated for the Design Preis Schweiz, 1999
- art-director and designer for Brothers and Sons.
- teacher master interior architecture ‘Towards Spatial Identity’ HKU
- teacher at Utrecht School of Product Design
- external examinator American Intercontinetal University, London
- Initiator JONGENSVANHETDOK