‘Jesse Visser Designprojects’ is a Amsterdam based design studio established by designer Jesse Visser in 2000. He enjoys various collaborations with labels, craftsmen, product-developers, industry- and other creative thinkers. A part of his designs are created in partnership with designer brands or as custom pieces for architects. On his own initiative he creates in-house productions and special limited edition pieces.
The labels Visser works for are predominantly focussing on furniture and lighting design. He is strongly involved by the process of product-development. Searching for new production techniques, innovative materials, finding the best solution that will bring the product to a higher level. He challenges himself to break down a product to its essence and then built it up with as few resources as possible, which result in functional high end pieces. His products are often conceptual but always functional, clear and clever detailed. Apart from being a designer, he is art director of ‘Brothers and Sons’ and works as a lecturer at ‘Utrecht School of the Arts’ in The Netherlands.
During his career, Jesse Visser has been rewarded with several international awards and recognitions for his work as well as taking part in numerous exhibitions. The ‘best product’ award for the Alumni chair during Design District 2015, the third price Auroralia 2010 with the Cercle luminaire, the Designboom Competition (honourable mention 2005) with the project Doors and the 100% Rubber Design Award 2002 with the Bunker Table.
Jesse Visser’s work has been exhibited in, among others; Milan, New York, Cologne, London, Frankfurt, Tallin, and in The Netherlands.
· Winner 'best product' Design District for the Alumni chair, design Jesse Visser and Geke Lensink , 2015
· Wildcard Design District for the Giraffe table, design Jesse Visser and Geke Lensink, 2014
· Third prize Auroralia 2010, Cercle for light-design cityring Tilburg, 2011
· Nominated for the Mart Stam prijs, 2007
· Awarded by Designboom ‘a door to paradise’, Milan, 2005
· First prize 100% Rubber 2002, Dalsouple, Londen 2002
· Finalist European Design Competition ‘Lights of the Future’, Jan. 2002
· Droog Design collection, from December 1999 til June 2000
· First prize Piet Bakkerprijs, 1999
· Nominated for the Prins Bernhard Fonds, 1999
· Nominated for the Design Preis Schweiz, 1999
· Art-director and designer for Brothers and Sons.
· Lecturer master interior architecture ‘Towards Spatial Identity’ HKU
· Lecturer at Utrecht School of Product Design
· External examinator American Intercontinetal University, London
· Initiator JONGENSVANHETDOK